The Temple’s Social Action Committee will sponsor a Snack Bag Drive for the Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools’ Summer Promising Scholar Program. These snacks will go to the various schools that are hosting this program this summer.
The Promising Scholar Program started last summer to provide remedial help to students who had fallen even further behind in their academic studies due to the pandemic.
The drive will run between May 2nd and May 25th. Snacks may be placed in the blue container near the elevator during The Temple’s regular business hours of 9 am to 4:00 pm, Monday-Friday, or before or after Friday Shabbat Services, or during Religious School on Sundays.
Below is a list of suggested items:
- Graham cracker snacks -Animal Crackers
- Veggie sticks
- Whole-wheat pretzels
- Apple chips
- Cheese and peanut butter cracker sandwiches
- Jiff or any brand peanut butter cups – individual cups
- Granola bars
- Cereal – individual pre-packed
- Cereal Bars
- Clementine or Mandarin oranges – individual cups
- Fruit cups
- Applesauce cups/
- Mott’s or any brand fruit chews
- Oatmeal packs –
- individual packs/cups
- Mac & Cheese – individual cups
- Ravioli (microwavable)
- Ramen Noodles (individual packs)
Tips when shopping:
- Juice boxes – Check the labels for healthier varieties and look for low sugar if possible
- Purchase individually wrapped, microwaveable items
- Purchase in bulk to save (Sam’s Club, Costco, Walmart, Boxed.com)
- Items planned to be delivered mid-May, please check the expiration date before donating.