At The Temple, we live by the value of B’tzelem Elohim (“We are all created in God’s image”) and want all who enter our building (or attend a virtual event) to feel comfortable and that their needs are being met. The Temple is a member of NOAH – Nashville Organized for Action and Hope and we also welcome Interfaith/Multifaith, LGBTQ, and Multi-Racial families. Accommodations and assistance that are requested will be met to the best of our ability.
Currently the Temple provides the following:
- Handicapped parking
- Single stall gender-inclusive restroom
- First Aid/ Defibrillator equipment
- Hearing enhancement devices
- Welcoming Committee at services
- English/Hebrew/Transliteration prayer books
- Live-streaming services/programs
- Large print books for services
- Ramp to our pulpit
- Written and personal (one-on-one) technical support for all virtual events
- Elevator access to all classrooms
- Support students of all needs
- Intentional planning for the inclusion of all abilities for our new outdoor learning environment
- Preschool welcomes and accommodates needs for support professionals for children receiving developmental services
- Meet the Bar/Bat Mitzvah student where they are to ensure success
Leadership and Planning
- Hired Director of Membership and Inclusion
- Creation of Inclusion Committee
We at The Temple are always looking for ways to be more inclusive. We have made it a priority to be more accessible to people of all abilities, and we continue to access our needs.
If you need accommodations that aren’t listed above, please reach out to Sheri Rosenberg at email@example.com.